Kingdom School is a school owned and operated by Kingdom Holdings, a company of HRH Prince Al Waleed bin Talaal. The school opened in September 2000 with the goal of providing high-quality education and a distinguished learning experience for all students. It operates separate boys` and girls` elementary, intermediate and high schools as well as a mixed kindergarten. Kingdom School is exceptionally well-resourced. The school features excellent facilities that include a fitness center, sports field, auditorium and play areas. Classrooms are fitted with interactive whiteboards and data projectors. The school has high expectations of innovative learning and teaching programs aimed at developing and promoting individual excellence. The school is accredited by AdvancED.
School Structure - Tracks & Sections
Kingdom School currently teaches two curricula – the Saudi National Curriculum Program (Grade 10 to 12) and an International Program from KG that leads to the American Diploma in Grades 9-12.
There are seven (7) schools that make up Kingdom School:
- Girls' Elementary, Grades 1-6 girls & 1-3 Boys: International Program
- Girls' High School, Grades 7-12: International /American Diploma Program
- Girls' High School, Grades 10-12: National Curriculum Program
- Boys' Elementary, Grades 4-6: International Program
- Boys' International High School 7-12: International /American Diploma Program
- Boys' National High School 10-12: National Curriculum Program
Girls and boys can be educated together up to and including Grade 3.
Therefore, boys are educated on the girls` campus in KG and girls` elementary. As per the KS Strategic Plan, 2015 -16 was the final year in which the Saudi National Program was offered to students in grades 1 -8. From this point onward, the Saudi Curriculum Program will be phased out schoolwide until KS offers only the International Program in the academic year 2020-2021.